When requesting a commission, it would be really helpful if you spend a moment thinking about your jewellery commission idea. To make it easier we have listed several things you might like to consider. Don’t worry if you haven’t got a really firm idea as I will ask for more information during the early stages of the process.
The most important things to consider are:Your design or idea – provide as much detail as possible.
- Where is it to be worn and how often, ie special occasions or everyday?
- Would you like it personalised, ie with a name, meaningful date or message.
- What kind of finished texture should it have? i.e. hammered vs a high polish.
- The size of the item, which would influence the next point…
- The weight (light, medium or heavy is fine) – if heavy, it may require hallmarking which has to be sent away for.
- Budget – what is the maximum you would like to spend?
- When you need it by, ie anniversary, birthday or Christmas?
The commission process will usually follow the steps listed below:
- We will first discuss your idea via email, phone call or face to face. If you already have an idea please email a photo or image.
- I will then sketch a few different ideas for you to look over and let me know of any changes you would like to make, of any aspects you like or don’t like.
- Once you are happy with the draft design and ready to proceed, we will take a deposit. This also applies to all personalised items from the Brett & Leni store. Other items might also require a deposit, depends on the request.
- For particular pieces, it may be necessary to have a fitting before the item is customised.
- Once the item is completed, you can collect in person from our workshop or it will be posted by special delivery.
If you have any further question or if you are ready to commission your jewellery order from Brett and Leni please get in touch on + 44 (0) 757 077 4332 or email firstname.lastname@example.org